- How it’s made: Our Edible Rose Water, pure Gulab Ark is traditionally steam distilled using freshly plucked Damask Rose Petals grown without any chemical pesticides or fertilizers & harvested early morning in Uttarakhand. It is not a by product of rose essential oil. We only produce ROSE WATER.
- Traditionally, to pick the damask roses, farmers start work early hours and before sunrise. They believe that when the Sun comes up, its rays will decrease the scent of the flowers, so they should be handpicked before it is too warm. Read more about the making of our Rose Water here.
- No additives: Our Rose Water contains no harmful preservatives, fragrances or colors which makes it 100% safe for consumption & cooking.
- Rose Water for Cooking: In addition to skincare, rose water has medicinal and culinary values, as well. Add it to homemade milk based sweets, gelatos, pastries, jams, lemonades, biryani or salads for a delicate rose flavour.
- Drink Rose Water: Ayurveda claims Rose Water to be cooling for gut and body. Drink rose water/gulab ark to hydrate the skin from the inside.
- Calming: The aroma of roses is said to be a mood enhancer, which promotes emotional wellbeing & relieves headaches. Drink or spray it on face.
- Tea: A splash of rose water can even be added to hot tea for a soothing beverage any time of day.
- Skincare: It works great as a skin soothing mist or toner.
- All natural perfume: Can be used to scent home linen, towels, in aroma diffusers or as a facial mist or hair mist.
- Homegrown Platter makes the rose water traditionally in Uttarakhand mountains & packs it in a glass bottle to preserve quality of the product.
According to ayurvedic texts, rose balances ‘Sadhaka Pitta’, the sub-dosha of Pitta, which governs emotions and their effect on the heart and thoughts. Sadhaka Pitta can easily get out of balance during summer, as the humid weather increases all aspects of pitta dosha. Therefore, ROSE WATER or GULAB ARK has been ideal to balance the body and mind.
INDIA’S BEST EDIBLE ROSE WATER FOR COOKING, DESSERTS & SKINCARE