- Acacia honey is made by honeybees from the nectars of what we call as “Babool tree” and is one of the most sought after honeys.
- Why is Acacia honey rare? Acacia honey is made from the nectars of Babool tree blossoms which usually do not produce nectars for a few years after one year of production. This is why Acacia is a rare honey.
- How does Acacia honey taste? Acacia honey has a mild sweet flavor with floral tones. It does not overpower other flavors but instead adds a natural floral scent to the beverage/dish.
- Good for allergic people: Because of its natural anti-microbial properties and low pollen contents, it is one of the most suitable honey types for people allergic to honey, pollen or plant substances.
- Good for diabetics: Acacia honey contains higher amounts of easily breakable natural fructose than most other honeys which helps break complex carbohydrates in the body and maintains the blood sugar levels.
- Antiseptic for wounds: Acacia honey is well-known for its anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties. According to Ayurveda, it can be applied to skin to heal wounds and sores, and to relieve acne.
- Is Acacia honey safer than sugar? YES – Any honey is safer than white sugar as they contain a mix of glucose and fructose which are easily breakable sugar compounds as opposed to white sugar which contains sucrose. In particular, Acacia honey contains larger amounts of plant based fructose, making it suitable for diabetics.
- Versatile uses:
- Add one tablespoon Acacia honey to lukewarm water and drink straight for maximum benefits
- Drizzle over salads as a dressing
- As a spread over pancakes
- Add to milk, sweets and coolers
- Use for baking
- Consume one tablespoon Acacia honey directly
Raw Acacia Honey [made from the nectars of Babool blossoms] from Kashmir
₹580.00 – ₹1,350.00
A rare variety of honey from Kashmiri Babool trees. It is good for diabetics and allergic people with its low sucrose, high natural fructose and low pollen contents! Also works as an excellent antiseptic if applied externally.