- Carefully harvested: Our Damask Rose flowers are hand-picked early morning in the mountains of Uttarakhand with utmost care. Traditional farmers’ wisdom speaks of harvesting Damask Rose flowers before heavy sun rays start to fall on them to retain their natural aroma.
- How are they dried?: Once harvested, these delicate rose petals are dried using a solar dryer for days, away from direct sunlight (yet using the heat of the sun) to retain all the natural goodness. We do not use commercial dehydrators.
- Organic: All our rose plantation is done without the use of any fertilizers or pesticides and completely relying on compost manure. Our dried rose petals contain NO PRESERVATIVES. Drying in itself preserves these petals for longer durations.
- Herbal Rose Tea: Our organic Damask Rose petals serve as an excellent ingredient for your herbs tea. Try curating different combinations with cardamom, fennel, ginger, cinnamon, or any other ingredient to make up that perfect cup of Chai! We love a blend of rose petals, cardamom and fennel with a teaspoon of our raw honey.
- Healthy & Mild alternative for commercial rose syrups: These petals are a perfect companion and an all-natural substitute of those artificial syrups in your ice creams, yoghurt, kheer, milk, or sweets for a delicate rose after-taste. Some Indian households also add it to curries like chhole.
- Instant freshness: Add these petals to your glass of sharbat, shikanji, lassi or coolers for an instant boost of freshness.
Please note: Since Damask Rose Petals are light pink in color, they tend to lose color on drying hence you might find our rose petals brownish in shade but this does not affect its flavor.
According to Ayurvedic texts, roses have been described as “balakarika” where bala means strength. This means they strengthen the liver, intestines and stomach and soothes out the digestive tract. Ayurveda suggests that most issues and syndromes in a human body originate from gut and hence, strongly advocates rose as a gut-healing ingredient.
Cacilda Rodrigues (verified owner) –
Love the taste and flavour of these rose petals.