- Traditionally grown in Nagaland: Our Sichuan Peppercorns are grown using traditional wisdom by a farmer family of 6 people completely relying on compost manure in a small village of Nagaland. No fertilizers or pesticides are used for cultivation.
- How does it taste like? Sichuan peppercorn is not extremely hot, but has a uniquely different citrusy aroma and flavor with slightly pungent taste. The earthy and rusty tones gives your food a good aftertaste. These unique peppercorns also have an excitingly numbing effect on the tongue. We personally feel that this spice enhances the flavor of other spices used.
- Sichuan Hot Numbing Oil/ Chinese Five Spix mix: These peppercorns are a very important element of the “Chinese five-spice mix” and Sichuan Hot Numbing Oil – both widely known for doing wonders to your food.
- Health benefits: This antioxidant and zinc-rich spice helps boost immunity and reduce inflammation. It also speeds up the digestive tract and promotes gut health when consumed regularly.
- Directions for use: Grind few peppercorns along with ginger, garlic and other spices to give your food a unique earthy-rusty flavor. You can also put few peppercorns in the water while boiling vegetables or rice for its flavor to seep in the food. Please note that the inner black seed needs to be discarded and only the outer shell (peppercorn) is used as the spice. This inner seed deteriorates food flavor, and its role is to just to naturally retain aroma and flavor in peppercorns for a longer duration when stored in a jar.
- Storage instructions: Store in an airtight container in a cool and dry place away from moisture.
Sichuan Peppercorns (Timur) from Nagaland (Szechuan Pepper), 70g
A unique spice from North-East India and an important ingredient of Chili Oil, Chinese Five Spice Mix and all Chinese cuisines.
17 in stock
SKU: HP-02-08 Category: Herbs & Spices Tags: chilli oil, chinese spice, hot oil, Schezuan pepper, Sichuan peppercorns, Timbur, timur
Herbs & Spices
Rated 5.00 out of 5(1) ₹240.00
Rated 5.00 out of 5(2) ₹230.00 – ₹390.00
Herbs & Spices
Rated 4.75 out of 5(4) ₹190.00