- What is Lakadong haldi? Lakadong is a variety of haldi that is rich in curcumin content (up to 7% to 8%) as compared to normal varieties that contain 2% to 3% curcumin
- Where is it grown? Lakadong turmeric is grown in Meghalaya. Our Lakadong haldi comes directly from a farm in a small village in Jaintia Hills of Meghalaya.
- Traditionally dried: Our Lakadong haldi is completely sun-dried and traditionally ground. No additives, artificial aroma or colors
- Health benefits: High levels of curcumin helps boost immunity against diseases and repairs body damage like wounds and inflammatory pains
- Relaxed sleep and reduced stress: Consuming turmeric with warm milk or water as a bedtime routine helps induce a relaxed sleep, improves mood and relieves stress and anxiety levels
- How to use: Use in everyday cooking for your family, seasoning, in milk, smoothies, warm water as turmeric latte tea (experiment with your other chai masalas). Safe to use cooked or raw
Lakadong haldi (or any turmeric in general) is most beneficial when consumed with black pepper because of the natural compound called “piperine” in black pepper that increases the absorption of curcumin in body. So, try replacing other peppers with black pepper in your meals for maximum benefits!