This combo includes a 40g jar of Naga Chilli Flakes and a 70g jar of Sichuan Peppercorns, both from Nagaland farms.
Naga Chilli Flakes –
- Popularly known as “Bhut Jolokia” or “Ghost Pepper”, it is a chili from Northeast India with the Guinness World Record of being the world’s spiciest chilli from 2007-10. It is 450 times hotter than the fiery Tabasco sauce!
- Only a little is good for your food! Only a small quantity of this super spicy chili is good for your food and goes a long way, giving it an amazing flavor that you can cherish for hours.
- Good for digestive system – The presence of a compound called “Capsaicin” in Bhut Jolokia and other peppers contains trace amounts of antioxidants, acts as anti-irritant for the stomach and helps improve metabolism.
- Helps prevent cold and flu – Hot peppers are rich in beta carotene and antioxidants which supports immune system and aids in fighting off cold and flu.
- How to use? Goes well with curries, stews, pastas, pizzas, barbeque, tomato dishes or even salads. You can also sprinkle them on potatoes or fries.
Add them towards the end of cooking process as heat diminishes their color and flavor.
Sichuan Peppercorns –
- Our Sichuan Peppercorns are grown traditionally by a farmer family of 6 people completely relying on compost manure in a small village of Nagaland. No fertilizers or pesticides are used for cultivation.
- How does it taste like? Sichuan peppercorn is not extremely hot, but has a uniquely different citrusy aroma and flavor with slightly pungent taste. The earthy and rusty tones gives your food a good aftertaste. These unique peppercorns also have an excitingly numbing effect on the tongue. We personally feel that this spice enhances the flavor of other spices used.
- Sichuan Hot Numbing Oil/ Chinese Five Spix mix: These peppercorns are a very important element of the “Chinese five-spice mix” and Sichuan Hot Numbing Oil – both widely known for doing wonders to your food.
- Health benefits: This antioxidant and zinc-rich spice helps boost immunity and reduce inflammation. It also speeds up the digestive tract and promotes gut health when consumed regularly.
- Directions for use: Grind few peppercorns along with ginger, garlic and other spices to give your food a unique earthy-rusty flavor. You can also put few peppercorns in the water while boiling vegetables or rice for its flavor to seep in the food. Please note that the inner black seed needs to be discarded and only the outer shell (peppercorn) is used as the spice. This inner seed deteriorates food flavor, and its role is to just to naturally retain aroma and flavor in peppercorns for a longer duration when stored in a jar.
- Storage instructions: Store in an airtight container in a cool and dry place away from moisture.