In a time where processed foods take up a majority of our diet plan in everyday life, gut maintenance has become predominantly important when it comes to maintaining a healthy digestive system. The gut processes and absorbs every nutrient you consume. Thus, it becomes an important part of maintaining a healthy body. Now, you might be wondering, is there an effective way of cooling down the gut and maintaining your gut health with just simple waters using ingredients from the kitchen? In this article, we will outline the 3 waters for a cool gut to tone down the body heat.
The answer is a BIG YES!
Here’s a list of easy-to-make yet exciting 3 waters for a cool gut that you can make at home by just using easily available ingredients from your kitchen.
When taken in moderation, cumin water is particularly cooling for the digestive tract to act as one of the most effective stomach heat remedies. They have healing properties that allow them to act as a digestive aid and as anti-carminatives.
- Add ¼th spoon of cumin seeds to boiling water
- Wait for the seeds to infuse in the water for 10 mins
- Strain the seeds out of the water
- Drink the water infused with the cooling properties of Cumin
You can also add Cumin to yogurt to procure an additional cooling essence while eating yogurt. To add an extra dash of flavor to the gut cooling water mentioned above, a simple addition of raw honey into your recipe will prove to be a rich source of:
- Carrier of antifungal properties
- Acting as a phytonutrient powerhouse
- Fighting free radical damage
Honey can not only enhance the experience of drinking these gut cooling waters for your taste-buds, but can also ensure that you receive an extra dose of organic nutrition.
Though there is a piece of information that is passed around regarding ginger’s ability to increase your stomach heat, fresh ginger water is one of the best stomach heat remedies.
Fresh ginger has a cooling effect post digestion and is one of the best sources to keep digestion regular.
- Add ½ piece of grated fresh ginger to boiling water
- Add a dash of turmeric for extra benefits
- Let ginger soak in the water for 10-15 minutes
- Strain the ginger out of the water
- Add raw honey for flavor and nutrition
- Drink the water infused with the flavors
This recipe can be enjoyed fresh or enjoyed for up to 24 hours if stored in a refrigerator
Peppermint leaves infused in water are proven to have a multitude of healing benefits for our digestive tract. The high menthol content present in peppermint leaves is said to assist in lowering the stomach heat. This factor results in peppermint used as one of the easily accessible stomach heat remedies.
- Take 4 to 5 sprigs of peppermint leaves
- Soak them in a water jug and fill it with water to cover the leaves
- Refrigerate for 60 minutes
- Wait for the peppermint leaves to infuse in the water
- Add honey for flavor and nutrition
- Drink the water to maintain a cool gut
The mint leaves added can flavor the water and cool the gut for 2-3 days.
With over 100 trillion live microorganisms in your gut that helps you maintain your overall health, gut health is a key essential in maintaining the balance of your body. Follow the easy recipes mentioned above to nourish, enliven and refresh with simple and exciting gut cooling waters!