Jackfruit or Artocarpus Heterophyllus Lam is one of the most popular fruits of the tropics. It grows abundantly in the tropical climate scattered across Bangladesh, Thailand, Brazil, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, and India. American Diabetes Association has recognized jackfruit seed flour for its potency against diabetes.
Jackfruit is widely known as the succulent and sweet-smelling summer fruit, a favorite for most of us. While most of us enjoy the relishing taste of its juicy flesh, we often discard the hard-nut-like seeds.
But did you know that nutty kernels are also blessed with umpteen hidden health benefits such as regulating and controlling diabetes?
If you’re curious to know how the seeds of the largest tree-borne fruit can change your health, this is the article for you!
So let’s get our head around it and see how you can use jackfruit seed flour to enhance your life!
Jackfruit Seed Flour Nutrition
The nutty Jackfruit seeds can be eaten roasted, boiled, or even converted into flour for a dose of nutrition. The health industry has wide uses for Jackfruit seed flour as it acts as an easy-to-digest binding agent that is used in various Indian delicacies to boost health and wellness.
Jackfruit seed flour is rich in nutrients such as
- Vitamin B Complex
The seeds also can break down carbohydrates into energy, promote digestion and have antibacterial properties.
What makes Jackfruit Flour good for Diabetes?
Switching to healthy habits has always been an option chosen by people who suffer from auto-immune ailments such as diabetes and BP. This is because a well-planned diet and a healthy lifestyle can have a significant impact on our health and wellness. Jackfruit Seed Flour can aid a person with diabetes not only eat healthy but also eat tasty cuisines!
- Plays a role in the spectrum of “diabetic and sugar friendly diets” that can help in controlling sugar levels in the body
- Acting as a storehouse of nutritious ingredients, Jackfruit Flour works great as a substitute for wheat flour for people who crave their favorite food but have restrictions to control their sugar levels
- Jackfruit seed flour is a high source of rich fiber that increases the bowel movements in our body. This factor helps to promote digestion and prevents overeating
- The antispasmodic properties of jackfruit seed flour will also promote digestion by releasing unwanted gases from your body
- Jackfruit seed flour helps to manage multiple diabetic symptoms by releasing insulin and glucose into the body, which in turn improves insulin sensitivity. By doing so it can even reverse diabetes in some people
Jackfruit seed flour has proven benefits of lowering blood glucose levels and promotes HDL levels. In conclusion, with all the facts mentioned above, the answer to your question is straight and sure a big YES!
How To Use Jackfruit Seed Flour For Diabetes
Our jackfruit seed flour is made by grinding dried seeds of jackfruits from Kerala. It is a diabetes friendly, vegan ingredient to naturally control blood sugar levels and help with type – II diabetes. Here’s how you can use jackfruit flour in your daily cooking to add soluble fiber and a dash of extra nutrition:
- Add to doughs and batters:
- Being a fiber-rich ingredient, you can add it to foods like burgers to pizza dough, and Dosas and Idlies
- You can also mix jackfruit seed flour with your usual flour to add a tasty mix for your rotis. This mix reduces the carb content in your meal and makes it diabetic-friendly
- Add to buttermilk: You can add 1-2 teaspoons of jackfruit seed flour to a glass of buttermilk and drink the concoction for a refreshed day
- Jackfruit seed flour with warm water: You can mix one teaspoon of jackfruit seed flour into a glass of warm water in the morning and consume it as a healthy start to your day
Indulge your taste buds with delicacies that are not only mouth-watering but also packed with nutritional value with the help of some delicious jackfruit seed flour!
Try our manually ground Jackfruit seed flour from Kerala: Jackfruit Seed Flour from Kerala [Good for Diabetics, LIMITED PRODUCE], 150g