Have you ever wondered what exactly is Moringa or the benefits and uses of moringa powder?
If there is one thing that every Indian street does have, it’s the drumstick tree. If you happen to enter any Indian kitchen, you will likely find the long and slender drumstick vegetable. It goes great with mouthwatering curries like sambar, masala curry, etc. Indians swear by the health benefits of the drumstick vegetable so much that it has earned the title of the “miracle tree.”
But, how much do we know what it is and its proven health benefits?
If you’re just as curious as we are, let’s get a lead on and feed our curiosity with all the answers on the benefits and uses of moringa powder.
What is Moringa Oleifera?
Moringa Oleifera is the scientific name for the drumstick tree. During ancient times, the drumstick tree was used to treat more than 300 diseases by ayurvedic practitioners. Since our ancestors have consumed almost every part of the tree owing to its nutritional properties, it is also called the miracle tree.
5 Health Benefits of Moringa Powder
Apart from widely being known as a miracle tree, moringa is also a superfood. Moringa consists of a variety of 40 antioxidants, 10 times the calcium of milk, 5 times the vitamin C of oranges, and 25 times the potassium and Iron of bananas and spinach.
Standing among the world’s most nutritional foods, moringa is an exemplary source of everyday nutrition that cannot be ignored!
Here are five health benefits of moringa powder, making it a true super-food:
- Protecting your liver: An unhealthy liver brings a host of problems to the body. Moringa protects the liver by quickening the repair process of any damage caused by anti-tubercular potions in your body. It also helps to restore the liver enzymes to full capacity in aiding the blood detoxification of your body
- Improving Vision: Owing to its high antioxidant levels, Moringa contains highly beneficial eye-sight improving properties. Moringa does so by stopping the dilation of retinal muscles and prevents the papillary muscles from thickening
- Nourishes hair and skin: Moringa contains high levels of protein which protects your skin cells from damage. It also contains hydrating elements in addition to protein. All this makes moringa a nutritional supplement for healthy hair growth for smooth and luscious hair
- Improving Digestion: Moringa extracts can treat certain stomach ailments such as constipation, ulcers, and gastritis. The various antibacterial and antibiotic properties of Moringa helps to improve digestive health. It does so by inhibiting the growth of various pathogens in the body
- Reducing Anxiety and Stress: Moringa, known to be a natural adaptogen, can help balance the body’s cortisol levels. Cortisol levels play a huge role in reducing stress levels of the body. Owing to its ability to increase dopamine levels in the body, moringa also helps reduce depression to some extent.
How to eat Moringa Powder
Though there are a variety of ways to consume moringa powder. The easiest and fastest way to get the benefits into your system is adding a dash of moringa powder in your everyday routine.
Our moringa powder is completely natural. We do not use any synthetic products or preservatives to preserve our moringa trees or the powder from their leaves. Our moringa powder is partially shade-dried and completely hand ground, harvested right from the farms of Tamil Nadu.
How can you add Moringa powder to your lifestyle?
- Add to your yogurt, milkshakes and smoothies for that extra dose of health
- Mix with a glass of lukewarm water in the morning to start your day with a healthy note
- Add to dishes like Pudina, Daal, Chole masala etc. to have an extra dose of nutrition
- Use as an active ingredient in your face packs to enhance their role for brightening and rejuvenating your skin
Apart from the conventional methods, here’s a recipe to incorporate our moringa powder into some healthy pancakes!
Moringa Pancake Recipe
Make your stack of delicious moringa pancakes for a healthy breakfast with our easy recipe!
- Take required rice flour mix into a bowl
- Add 2 mashed bananas into the rice flour mix
- Add 1 tbsp. moringa powder
- Stir the ingredients well
- In a medium flame, make the pancakes like you usually do
- Add some raw honey or maple syrup to add a dash of flavor
And with that you can serve your delicious stack with a bowl of fresh cut fruits on the side. So what are you waiting for? Start your superfood journey with a fresh batch of moringa powder right now!
P.S. If you are new to Moringa, we would suggest starting off with a smaller quantity like 1/2 tsp. Gradually increase the quantity as Moringa powder has a bitter taste and a warm nature.
Try our shade dried Moringa powder: Moringa Powder (Chemical Free Sehjan Leaves Powder)